Saturday, August 30, 2008

Relaxing Weekend . . .

I am glad that the three day weekend is finally here. The past two weeks have been crazy so it is nice to have some down time. We survived our first week of school! Stephen was in San Antonio at a conference for part of the week so I wasn't sure how we would do without him, but we managed. I was able to get up, get everyone ready, and to school on time! The girls LOVED their first week of school. Their teacher, Mrs. Keenan told me that in her 17 years of teaching, she has never allowed her students to try centers the first week of school because they just weren't ready - however, she said this was the first year she had allowed them to do it the first week of school because she has such a great class! She said the majority of her students are very independent and work well together - especially my girls!!! She was amazed at how much Leah could do on her own even with a broken arm! That was great news to me because I have really tried hard to teach the girls to be independent and to do things for themselves. For example, they know how to make their own lunch, wash and dry their own hair, unload the car full of groceries and put them away where they go, etc. I've had alot of people ask me why would I put them in the same class in kindergarten . . . they tell me I need to let them "be their own person". Well, my remark to that is my girls ARE their own person . . . they do well together and they do well apart. Mrs. Keenan told me that they have already made their own friends in their class. As they get older, they will have the whole rest of their life to be apart - why not let them experience their kindergarten year together? I know my girls well enough to know what circumstance they will be most successful in. Anyway, I'll get off my soapbox about that. They have come home everyday singing songs and reciting poems and chants about the letters of the alphabet - too cute! They also went on a search all over the school trying to find the gingerbread man - Lauren said they found him in the nurse's office with bandaids all over him. Speaking of Lauren, she informed me this week that she now has 3 boyfriends - it's funny to me because I don't think that any of these boys even know that they are her "boyfriends". I am beginning to think that she might be a little boy crazy when she's a teen or tween! Her third "boyfriend" is this little boy in my class named Zachary - he comes and plays with both girls after school in my classroom and he has walked them both to class a couple of times in the morning. Leah, on the other hand, thinks that is just gross - she wants no part of having any kind of "boyfriend". She thinks her sister is just silly!


Logan also had a great first week at his new babysitter's house, Ms. Cheryl. He is getting so big everyday - he will be 9 months old on the 6th of September so we'll be taking him for his 9 month well check visit this week. I am anxious to find out how much he weighs. I know one thing for sure is that boy is SOLID!!! Here is a video of him eating some of his little fruit cereal puffs. We have just started giving him these in the past couple of weeks - it's funny to watch him as he tries to put them in his mouth . . . he always has this look on his face like he's not too sure what to think about them. Hope everyone has a nice and relaxing holiday weekend. We are looking forward to spending time together as a family.

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow