Thursday, October 2, 2008

I just realized it has been a while since I posted anything - where has the time gone? I think the whole hurricane thing has thrown me off a bit, but we're slowly getting back on track. I'm excited about tomorrow night because I get to play in a new Bunko group that some of my friends and I have just started up. I used to play religiously several years ago and have really missed it. It's a great time to hang out with the girls, eat, chat, laugh, you know.....all that good stuff! This weekend will be busy. Stephen and his dad are going to begin the process of repairing our damaged fence in the backyard from the hurricane. They are going to buy all the supplies at Home Depot tomorrow night and get everything set up so that they can get started early Saturday morning. I have begged them to do the fence that backs up to our annoying neighbors with the crazy dogs and kids first. Stephen and his dad patched the fence up right after the hurricane to keep them out of our yard until they could do something more permanent. Since then, the dog has torn up the fence and figured out a way to still get into our backyard. So, we have woken up to him barking through the wall several times. Also, the girls were out back playing the other day and "those kids" (see my hurricane post for more info. on them) were trying to tear the loose boards on the fence down so they could get into our backyard. These are two and three year old aged children and no one was even out there watching them - unbelievable!
Well, I guess I can't complain about that too much since my child did fall in the neighbor's pool after the hurricane so I'll shut up about that one (heehee).
Sunday, we are having some fall family pictures made and some 10 month old pictures of Logan. I figured it was time since I haven't had any professional shots taken of him since EASTER!! We use a lady named Misty Green and she is wonderful! Here is a link to her photography blog where you can see examples of some of her work. http://blog.photographybymg.com/
I like using her so much better than going to Sears or JCPenney's where you have some high school kid who doesn't know what they're doing trying to take your child's picture and makes them sit on pee-stained props. Oh.......the memories of taking the girls there when they were babies.......it's all a blur but some things I do recall unfortunately. I learned my lesson quick - don't even waste your time going to one of those places (especially when dealing with multiples). With Misty you have as much time as you need to get the poses you want and you don't feel rushed because there's no mob of flustered parents anxiously waiting their turn outside the door. It just helps the process go so much more smooth. So, wish us luck as we attempt a family of 5 photo for the first time. Hopefully Logan will be cooperative.....he's been a little wild man lately. Believe it or not (I'll post pics soon so you'll believe it), he is currently cutting 4 teeth...possibly more....at the same time on the top row of his mouth. No wonder the boy's been testy - GEEZ!!!
Sunday, I'll be heading up to the big city of Jewett for a birthday party. I'll be going alone with all three kiddos because Stephen and his dad are going to still be working on the fence so I figured it would be good for us to get out of their hair. I'm hoping Logan will sleep and the girls will be happy watching a DVD so mom can have some quiet time on this two hour excursion. Yahoo.
Hmmmmm....Jewett......you're probably wondering where the heck is that? It's north of Huntsville close to Centerville. Basically, in the middle of nowhere, but it's where the majority of my relatives live including my brother and his family. He used to sing this ridiculous song when we were little and we would be headed to Jewett. It went a little something like this....

Okay everyone, we're on our way to Jewett.
Blink your eyes and you'll go right through it!
Turn around and you've done blew it!
And before you knew it...you're on your way to Hewitt!

The funny thing is....there is actually a town called Hewitt nearby Jewett. Anyway, it's one of those things you'd have to hear him sing. Maybe I'll capture video of it this weekend at the birthday party and post it - oh, I'm sure he would just love that! HAHA!
Anyway, hope everyone is well. Sorry no pics on this post. I'll take some soon and get them on the blog. Until then.........TTFN!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow