Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hello everyone! Happy New year again to you all! Things have been good in our neck of the woods. I usually do not like the month of January.......holidays are over, bills are due, back to work, crappy weather, pressure to make resolutions, yadda...yadda...yadda...

However, this year it actually hasn't been that bad and I've enjoyed the start of a new year. We all had a wonderful holiday together and I felt rested and ready to return to work last week. I was mostly ready to get back into a regular routine. Things go so much better when we're on a schedule......we're a well-oiled machine! Well, most of the time anyway. I have always been a night owl and LOVE to stay up late after the kids are in bed doing whatever I want to do - MY TIME! I would watch DVR'd episodes of Oprah, play games on the computer, do crossword puzzles, take long bubble baths, shop online, etc. One night around 1 am, I wound up on some cute kid rocking chair website and ordered the girls this adorable pink fuzzy chair with an ottoman for their room. Okay.....that would NOT have been happening on a school night! It was so nice, but oh....so.....hard to get back into the swing of things again. Logan never missed a beat though. Speaking of my little bug (we call him Logan bug), here is a video of him yesterday. An unlikely place, the laundry room, seems to be where I find him doing the most hilarious things these days. Usually, if I'm quick enough, I can catch it on camera.

Me and little bug were hanging out yesterday while Stephen took the girls to the doctor. This visit was for Leah. She has been complaining of her stomach hurting off and on for a while now. I've always attributed it to her not wanting to do something (it seems like that's when it always starts to hurt). However, lately I couldn't connect it to anything. So, Stephen and I both agreed that we should take her in. Her doctor said her urine sample came back fine, however she did notice a high amount of protein in her urine. Well, that was all I needed to hear to go into a paranoid researching frenzy on webmd. Worst case scenario, she has some sort of issue with her kidneys. However, I don't think this is the case. Anyway, we're taking her back in this week so they can do an x-ray of her stomach area - the doctor doesn't think it is anything to be concerned about, but just wants to check to make sure we don't miss anything. We have to take her back in a few weeks from now to do another urine sample to see if her protein level is still high. There is a good chance it won't be so there'll be no need to worry. If it is still high, then they do some other testing. There is a condition (forgot the name) that some kids have that causes their kidneys to produce more protein than it should - I think it can be regulated with medication. I just pray we don't have to do any of that with Leah. Stephen told me that when they arrived at the doctor's office and were getting out of the car to go in, Leah said, "Daddy, I just want you to know right now that if that doctor tries to give me a shot, I'm outta there!" I couldn't help but laugh when he told me that! I'm sure I would be thinking the same thing!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow