Saturday, February 7, 2009

Misc.

I have had such a fun day today following a fun night out with the girls (Bunko night). I went and got my hair and nails done this morning and did a little shopping at Target. I somehow found myself over in the valentine candy aisle and couldn't seem to maneuver away! I had to buy valentines and treats for the girl's class at school plus my own students as well. Here are some pictures below of Lauren helping me put the treat bags together after I got home. We had a lot of fun doing it! Stephen took Leah with him to run another list of errands that needed to be done. We try to split the girls up like that when we can so that we can get some alone time with each one and they can get some time away from each other as well.



Last night before I left to do Bunko with the ladies, the girls asked if they could go outside and ride scooters with their friends. This is one of their favorite things in the world to do. I told them yes and I began to feed Logan. Next thing I know, I hear all this commotion in the backyard so I go to the window and look out and see half of Kaufman Elementary back there! They were having their own talent show or something like that so I tried to get a few pictures while Logan was eating in his highchair.



Evidently, our backyard is becoming the neighborhood hang-out, which is funny to me since my girls are so much younger than the rest of the kids on the street. However, they love to be around older kids and play very well with them. I don't mind it because I can monitor what is going on by keeping watch out the window.



Logan didn't like me going out there to take pictures so he was making these funny little faces and grunting at me when I came back in.



It seemed as if he was telling me he wanted to go outside too. So, after he finished making a mess (I mean...... eating), I took him out front and let him walk around. I was determined to capture him walking on video. It took several tries, but I finally got one. Isn't he so cute?

On a side note, Stephen was in Chicago this week on business and the office he was working at was only one or two blocks away from Harpo studios which is where the Oprah show is! I asked him if he went down to check it out and he said he would have if he had been there longer. He said it's just like an ordinary building.....it just has a ton of satellites on top of it. We had actually thought about going to Chicago next month for our anniversary and trying to get tickets to see her show, but then we started thinking that we might want to go to New York instead. Neither one of us has been to New York and we both would really like to go.

2 comments:

Kellie Grogg said...

Amazing that you can put Logan down on the ground outside in January with no shoes on or pants. I miss those mild winters!! :-)

Mrs. Adams said...

I did not know Drew lived near you. He is such a terrific kid! Your girls are lucky to have such a polite young boy as their friend. They all looked like they were having a great time!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow