Sunday, August 2, 2009

This past week has been a busy one......we headed over to our friend Kooper's SplashPad one day for some swimming fun. Here are some cute pictures of Kooper and Logan playing.....



Here's a good picture of the
girls that Jill took.


I have some pictures that I need to download, but I'm having trouble getting it to work on my computer at home so I'll have to wait and do it at school. I'm sure I'll be up there quite a bit this week getting my classroom ready. Wednesday we have our first official team leader meeting then I'm meeting with my team here at my house that afternoon. We officially go back to school on August 17th then the girls will start on August 24th. Stephen has accepted a new job so thankfully he will be around the next month to help out with the kids. He is going to be taking some courses for his new job so he will be doing those from home. He has to take three tests and pass them before he can get his financial advising license. He is a little nervous about it, but I know he'll do fine. He will be working for AXA Advisors here in The Woodlands - we are so glad that his office will be so close so that he won't have to commute downtown anymore. He ended up having 5 job offers......all 5 were jobs that I found for him.......his current employer said they would help him find a job......yeah right! They didn't do anything - we did it all ourselves! I was quite surprised at the number of jobs that are out there - you hear on the news that everyone is getting laid-off and there are no jobs anywhere.......I was able to find several for him. It was ALOT of work though and definitely not an overnight process.....you could make searching for a job a full-time career. I told him maybe I missed my calling and should have been a job head-hunter (haha)! It would take me hours sometimes to complete applications for him. He couldn't do it during the day since he was still working. God's timing was perfect....since it was summer time and I was home, it allowed me to have the extra time to help him search. If he had been laid-off during the school year, I wouldn't have been able to help as much. I also had the opportunity to go up to his future office, visit with his supervisor, and ask questions - I am glad I was able to do that. We're just thankful for this job opportunity and continue to pray that Stephen will be happy with this career change.
Next week we've decided to take the girls to Schlitterbahn before I go back to work. Stephen's parents are going to keep Logan so that we'll be able to do more of the rides. The girls are very excited because they have never been to a waterpark before. I'm sure they will love it!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow