Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Day 2010 at the Zoo

Today we went to the zoo to ring in the new year. One of the best things about it was that it was FREE!!! The zoo has several holidays throughout the year when they offer free admission so we thought we would take advantage of it today. It was Logan's first trip ever to the zoo so it was neat to see his reaction to all of the animals. He loved them all of course! Here's some of the best shots from the day......Happy New Year everyone!!!
One of our first stops was at the
Children's Zoo section.
Logan loved crawling through
the prairie dog tunnels with
his sisters.
Look at those two cute little
prairie dogs that popped up!
Make that......three cute prairie dogs!
Checking out the goats in
the Petting Zoo.
I think this was the one second
Logan actually sat still during
the entire trip. Lucky for me,
I caught it on film - that's rare!
I caught the girls trying to hide
in a seashell!
Leah stopped for a minute to rest.
Logan really liked the
playground area and kept sliding
over and over again.
He also managed to find time
to chase the pigeons around.
All he kept saying was, "I touch bird."
I kinda felt sorry for those poor pigeons
running for their lives!
Mommy and her girls!
I think we may have spotted Nemo!
I also found the two bricks engraved with my class' name on them. We adopted Kiva, the giraffe, and Smaug, the Komodo Dragon last year. I was excited to see that our bricks were already out at the zoo entrance! I'll have to make sure I show my students this year when we go on our annual zoo field trip in March.
Here's Lauren in the reptile
exhibit! She loves snakes, bugs, and
anything slimy! Not sure where
she gets that from!?!?
Stephen's parents went with us
to enjoy the day and we managed to
get a good group shot before we left.
We also had to swing by and ride
the train. They have updated it
and it was very nice! Logan kept
yelling, "All aboard!" at people.

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow