Thursday, June 19, 2008

Greetings and Welcome to our family blog!!!

I have been wanting to start a family blog for a while now. It was my goal to get it started while at home this summer so here it is! I am going to be working on adding more pictures and different backgrounds to it so stay tuned.
Well, it is good to be out of school for the summer. The girls just finished up their second week of swimming lessons which they loved. It's amazing what great swimmers they are now! They are also trying out gymnastics for the first time this summer - they go once a week for 75 minutes. Logan and I have a great time watching and cheering them on. He is such a good baby which makes it so much easier to take him places like that. He just goes with the flow. Logan is now 6 months old and weighing in at 21 pounds! The girls didn't reach that weight until they were a year old. No teeth yet, but I'm sure there is one or two on the way - sooooo much drool!!!
The girls are now done with Primrose Preschool and will be starting kindgergarten in August - they will be at the same school where I teach and in the same class. I am thrilled to have them there next year - it will be an adjustment, but in a good way I think. I included a picture below of the girls at their first "Sweet and Sassy" party that they went to back in May. It was for a friend from school. I got to go along and it was so much fun - birthday parties sure have changed since I was 5! They got to ride around in a pink limo watching Hannah Montana, get their nails done, hair, makeup, etc. It was something like I have never seen before - I think I had more fun than they did (heehee!)
On a different note, Leah is scheduled to have her tonsils out on July 8th. She had MANY strep infections this past spring and that is what the ENT recommended. I'm not thrilled about it, but I know it is better to do it this summer than to wait until she starts school in the fall.
Thanks for taking time to read our first entry on our family blog. I know this will be a great way for us to keep in touch with those of you we don't get to see as often as we would like. Please feel free to post a comment and let us know how you are doing - we would love to hear from you. Until next time . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the blog world!

Kellie Grogg said...

21 pounds!! Oh my.... he would squash my girls.. they are little too! LOL :-)

Cathey said...

I love it! It looks great! Will you do mine? (LOL:)))

Havemanns said...

Looks great. cant wait to show the girls.

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow