Friday, June 20, 2008

Frogs and Lizards

The girls have developed this fascination with frogs and lizards recently - go figure! Lauren has NO fear at all of any kind of bug. She's my number one girl when there's a bug in the house that needs disposing of. Leah is more like me - her philosophy is that bugs are best when they're outside and away from me. Last week the girls got these "bug catcher gadgets" in their happy meals and as soon as we got home, wanted to go outside and look for frogs and lizards. I explained to them that neither a frog nor a lizard was going to fit in their bug catcher, so they proceeded into the house to search. Within minutes, Lauren had a bug! Don't ask me what kind it was - neither Stephen or I could determine. She named the bug, Ruby (don't know where that name came from). Thirty minutes later we had a problem - Ruby was Missing! Not only was she missing, but she was on the loose somewhere in our bedroom! YIKES!!! Lauren was devastated over the loss of a bug she had only known for 30 minutes (no, I'm not kidding!). She was still insisting that she wanted to look for frogs and lizards on the front porch. Sooooooo, that night we went out and looked around, but couldn't find anything. We could hear the frogs, but none of them would surface (probably fearful of what these 5 year olds could do to them once they had them in their possession). The girls were disappointed needless to say. However, they recovered quickly by confiscating one of Logan's stuffed animals from his crib - I guess if you can't catch the real thing, then this is the next best thing . . . In an effort to nurture this fascination, I have been searching the internet for cool facts and activities for them to do. Yesterday we decided to create their own books (yes, that's the teacher in me coming through). Leah made one about lizards and Lauren made one about frogs. They had a blast doing this and enjoyed reading them to Daddy when he got home from work.
We're still searching for Ruby just in case you were wondering . . .

2 comments:

Tammy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
koppelmom said...

Hey Friend!!
Reading every word of your two entries, looking at your pictures(and seeing my kiddo in some of them!), and listening to some of my favorite songs EVER on your blog (GO TOBY MAC!!) makes me miss you and reminds me how thankful I am that our lives were touched by you!! Now that our "professional" parent/teacher relationship is history, I'm looking forward to hanging out and laughing purely as friends! I hope you are enjoying every minute of your summer with your sweet kids. Don't forget to cash in that babysitting coupon and go have a pedicure with Jennifer! I hope to see you at the pool soon. Love to you, Stephanie

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow