Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dancin' machines!!!

After a very long and busy week back at work, it was nice to have some much needed down time with the fam! We enjoyed just hanging out tonight with all three kids - dancing in the girl's bedroom and playing games together. I learned some cool new math games at a workshop to teach my kids at school this year so I tried them out on the girls tonight and they caught on really fast. I think they are really going to enjoy math as well as reading in school this year. Tuesday night I was up at school late to attend Kindergarten Parent Info. Night - I felt so proud to sit there and know that my babies were finally going to be at school with me. I just love their teacher Mrs. Keenan - she is just awesome! Then last night was "Meet the Teacher" night up at school. Stephen took the girls to visit Mrs. Keenan (even though they've already met and seen her a dozen times this summer). He wanted to visit their room and meet her too - they were so excited to show daddy their classroom at school. Our school is HUGE, but he was impressed by how well they already knew their way around from being up there with me so much. I didn't get to go down to the kindergarten hall that night because I was swamped with a room full of second graders, their families, plus students from last year stopping by to say hi. Yep, it was pretty much complete chaos! I felt like I was in a daze - kind of like after my wedding reception....after meeting and talking to so many people so fast - (you know that whirlwind feeling). I would have to say that this has been one of the most busiest and hectic "back to school" years that I have had in my 10 years of teaching. I guess it's due to having a new principal with new expectations, being team leader, plus having 3 kids at home instead of 2, and a daughter with a broken arm. I am hoping that things will ease up in the next few weeks. I will post pics of the girls on their first day of kindergarten on Monday as well as Logan's first day with Ms. Cheryl. Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow