Sunday, October 12, 2008

A Quiet House . . .

It is going to be a quiet house today and tomorrow - Stephen is leaving this morning for Atlanta, Georgia for a week on business. The girls left Friday night to go camping with Stephen's parents until late tomorrow. So, it's just me and Logan!
Logan goes to bed early so I'll probably use that quiet time to catch up on grading papers and other schoolwork that I've been putting off. Maybe even watch an Oprah episode or two on the DVR. I also thought this would be a good time to finalize our plans for the Disney trip coming up next month. The majority of it is planned and ready to go, but I need to think through some of the little things now. I've got our itinerary done so we'll hopefully get to see all of the things we want to see while we're there. I keep reminding myself that I know we won't be able to do it all.... so we're going to try and hit the "must-sees". I've come to realize that you can stay at Disney for weeks and still not see everything - it is SO huge and there's so much to do! The only thing I'm sad about is us missing the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (and that's because they're not having one during the week we're there - bummer!) The other thing we will have to miss is the Osbourne Festival of Christmas Lights. It is being unveiled at Hollywood Studios at the same time we're going to be at LaNouba:Cirque de Soleil on Friday night. Oh well..... I didn't know that back in the spring when I made reservations. We will still get to see all of the Christmas decorations around the parks which will be neat though. I have always wanted to see Cinderella's castle in Christmas lights. We are having breakfast with her the last day we're there in her castle and I'm sure the Christmas decorations will be breath taking.
I have the day off tomorrow in honor of good ole Columbus.....so I'm going to take Logan into the doctor to get his second flu shot (they give them in two doses when they're little). Not fun.

Logan and I are going this morning to view all of the proofs of our family pictures that were taken last weekend. Misty (the photographer) is going to give me the link to her gallery that I can share with you too so you'll be able to view all of our proofs online. Speaking of pictures, here are some of Logan I took in sequence of him trying to stand up yesterday . . .

"Okay, here I go!"









"Is anyone watching me do this?"








"Is anyone going to help me do this?"









"Fine. I'll just do it myself!"








"Hmmmmm. This looks very interesting.
"Mommy won't mind if I take a little nibble will she?
Here is video I captured of him standing up in his room. Sorry it's sideways...guess I did something goofy with the camera and couldn't figure out how to fix it. I just had to post it because of the cutest wrinkled-nose rabbit face he is making in the video. It's funny because both of the girls used to make that same face!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you fixed your blog. I hated having to scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page to see how many more hits you have than me... Looks so much better and organized!

Love ya!
Sarah

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow