Tuesday, December 23, 2008

'Tis the Season . . .

Oh, isn't it nice to not have to go to work? That was my exact thought when I woke up this morning. I have been anticipating this much needed break from school and a very hectic daily schedule. I told Stephen I just want to wear my pajamas, enjoy the kiddos, drink coffee, not go anywhere, and just enjoy being at home. Well, today was the first day I actually got to do that (even though we got out of school last Friday). Friday night I had my 2nd grade team Christmas party which was alot of fun. Saturday, was Christmas with Stephen's side of the family so we were at his parents house all day. Then, Sunday we drove to Huntsville and did Christmas with my side of the family and spent the night. We got home late last night so I was soooooo ready for a day at home today. I felt like a total bum and it was awesome! I did start a project I have been wanting to do for a month now......I began making a Disney scrapbook from our trip in November. I bought a kit at Michael's and I have had all the stuff sitting in a pile on my dresser.....just waiting for the perfect time to start it. Well, today was the day! I am not a "scrapbooking" kind of gal. Just not my cup of tea - but, for Disney.........I was willing to make a sacrifice (heehee) and I think I got pretty creative! The only other time I made a scrapbook was when we went to Disney back in 2006. So, I figured we couldn't have a scrapbook for one trip and not the other - ohhhhhhh, the pressure! Why do I do this to myself????? Anyway, it's coming along quite nicely and I am hoping to get to take it to Jewett when we go on Christmas Day. Tomorrow we are going to attend one of the Christmas Eve services at The Fellowship of the Woodlands and just enjoy the day together. Here's some random pics from this past week. I've gotten behind on my posting. . . . .

MawMaw's reindeer cookies
that we got to sample on December
14th when we went to Huntsville to
watch "From Cradle to Cross" - UHBC's
fantastic Christmas pagaent! My dad
was in the play and even had
a dancing part- go BABS!




My 2nd grade team posing
in front of the gigantic
Christmas tree in our Library
at school on December 18th

Christmas at Nanny and
Grandad's on December 20th


Leah making sugar cookies -
a Christmas tradition at
MawMaw's house in
Huntsville

Lauren making her
sugar cookies

My nephew, Taylor,
making cookies with the
girls

Our beautiful finished
products!


MawMaw posing with
her world famous
cookies!

Logan somehow figuring
out how to stand on the
dryer in the midst of all
the holiday hustle and
bustle. And, in case
you're wondering......
yes, my dryer really is
mustard yellow. Don't ask -
it's a long story........

Leah posing with her new
Tinkerbell doll at
MawMaw's house.

Lauren posing with her
new Princess Aurora doll
(Sleeping Beauty)


Logan helping Papaw
open his gifts


It's a Logan-in-a-box!


MawMaw and Papaw's living room
was a united mess after all was
said and done . . .
Merry Christmas to you and yours
and may God bless this time with
your family.
Oh, before I forget......I did some researching to find out more info. about Kate Gosselin (from the Jon and Kate Plus 8 TV show) and found out that she is indeed coming to Houston in January. Here is the link with the information.....I am trying to figure out a way for me to go - let me know if you're interested in going too!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey Stephanie! I followed your blog from facebook. I am a blog addict - I can't help myself. I saw you had posted about the Kate Goslin coming to Houston with the Proverbs 31 ladies. I have seen several of the ladies from Proverbs 31 - they are amazing! If you get the chance to go, don't miss it! Cute blog, by the way!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow