Saturday, December 13, 2008

Winter Wonderslam with Toby Mac

Friday night Stephen and I took the girls to the Winter Wonderslam tour with Toby Mac at the Toyota Center. It ended up being sold out - over 12,000 people - wow!!! The concert was hosted by the christian radio station KSBJ. I even caught a t-shirt that some of the KSBJ volunteers catapulted into the crowd - go figure! We stopped and ate dinner down town at this Italian place called Josephines (right across the way from the Toyota Center). Stephen drove us by his office building down town and the girls were amazed to see the very tall building that Daddy works in everyday.


The concert was awesome and the girls really seemed to enjoy it. I've been listening to Toby Mac as long as I can remember. I grew up listening to him as part of the group, DC talk (which stands for decent christian talk). I have seen DC Talk in concert and Toby Mac's solo concert before......all of which were awesome! I especially remember the DC Talk Jesus Freak tour many moons ago at the Woodlands Pavilion - one of the best concerts I've ever been to!

Here we are before the concert
started









It was good to see that Toby still knows how to jam. Here is a little clip of video I managed to get during the concert. Love it!



They also announced last night that there is some sort of women's conference or something coming up soon at the Champions Forest Baptist Church in Houston. They mentioned that Kate Gosselin will be there (ya know....Kate from John and Kate Plus 8 on TLC). Hmmmmmm, I'm going to have to look into that. I would like to go and hear her speak.



On a totally different note, Friday at school my team and I were crazy enough to make gingerbread houses with a classroom full of 2nd graders. Here are some pictures from the day......






Aren't we cute in our Santa's Little helper aprons?


We also did a teacher dance on Thursday to the song, Jingle Bell Rock. We performed it on Thursday after the school Christmas program for the students. We were a hit! Here's a few pics . . .

Check out our Assistant Principal
busting out in the splits - you go
girl!
Here's our principal
showing off her twirling
talent in the middle of the
dance





By the way, I finally got to do my Christmas shopping today. I was getting a little worried considering I hadn't bought one dad gum thing for anyone! I started at 8:30 this morning and shopped non-stop until 6:30 tonight. Oh yes......it can be done. However, I don't recommend doing it that way. Needless to say my bedroom is a united mess!

I honestly have not had a chance to do any shopping until today. I think I'll feel much better once it's all wrapped and under the tree. The girls have been asking me why we don't have any presents under our tree - isn't that pitiful? Poor babies......I told them that mommy was going shopping today and they would have some things under the tree in the morning. Stephen took the girls to church tonight while I got Logan in bed and started unraveling the pluthera of stuff.
And what may you ask was going on at home while I was out shopping today...........................

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow