Monday, February 9, 2009

The cast is off.......again!!!

Leah's cast came off today and the doctor was very happy with how her bone is healing and all the new growth around the bone. She has a brace that she will wear to school, but she doesn't have to wear it at home - yeah! No more baths with a garbage bag wrapped around her arm!!! Her arm still looked pretty "gory" to me as you can see in the pictures below, but we washed it really good tonight and put lotion on it so it will slowly get back to normal. I also included a few pictures of them cutting her cast off - the machine they use is pretty intense. I actually didn't take any pictures of the machine in action.....I didn't want the camera flash to distract the nurse from what she was doing. I just got a few of her cutting it off with the scissors after the machine had cut through most of it. It basically looks like it's going to slice right through their arm....and amazingly Leah just sat there like it was no big deal. However, I have to remind myself that she has been through this before. The people at Texas Orthopedics and Sports Medicine are phenomenal and I would highly recommend them to anyone!



No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow