Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day, but beware of the sugar rush........


I just had to post this video of the girls tonight after their "sugar-filled" day of valentine treats at school. Then, to top it all off, I made the mistake of letting them eat some pieces of candy (something they usually do not get to do very often) and they went beserk! The whole "sugar 'em up and send 'em home" teacher philosophy takes on a whole new meaning when you have school aged children in your own home. Beware of the sugar rush - the repercussions are dangerous!!!

Happy Valentine's Day (one day early). It seems as though it was today since we celebrated at school. It actually wasn't as wild as I thought it would be. Today was also the 100th day of school and I was able to get a quick picture of the girls as they trotted by this morning during the parade - I was so proud of them both! They did it!!!! We managed to get out the door and off to school this morning with minimal meltdown dramatics so that was pretty good. However, I still had my doubts that they would participate......especially Leah. Well, they did it with a smile!!!! Hold that thought.......Leah just walked in here and saw the pictures I'm posting and said, "Mommy, when you took that picture today, I was about to start crying because I was scared....... but I did it anyway." God bless her little heart!



100 year old Lauren - she was
actually walking hunched over
with the cane - loved it!



100 year old Leah

Tomorrow we're going to try to sleep in, enjoy a yummy breakfast together, and then all the girls are going to get their nails done as a special Valentine's treat! The boys are going to get the oil changed in the car. Hmmmm........I think the girl's outing will be more fun for sure!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow