Monday, February 23, 2009

Random thoughts from yours truly.......

This weekend we celebrated my dad's birthday by going out to lunch at Johnny Rockets. I posted a video of him being sung to below. Anyway, I think he was very proud of his free icecream sundae and balloon they put on his wrist. No one can wear a balloon like good old Papaw! My mom, my brother, and my nephews all joined us for the occasion. We had a great time!


We really enjoyed the beautiful weekend. There were only two instances that I nearly had heart failure. The first one was when our computer ended up getting a virus on it somehow. To make a looooooong story short, we took it to Stephen's cousin (who is like a computer genius) and had him look at it. He said there were actually several viruses on there so he took them all off and installed some new anti-virus protection and a bunch of other anti-somethings to help keep it from happening again. He had it fixed and ready to go Sunday afternoon so we were so grateful - thanks Ben! One day without my computer was pure torture........torture I tell you! No facebook, no emails, no blogging.......what is the world coming to? Just kidding.....
Moving on......the other thing that nearly gave me heart failure was the $13, 000 bill we got from Tomball Regional Hospital. That is where Leah had her arm surgery last month. And of course, I open this lovely piece of mail Saturday night when no business office is open for me to call and have it cleared up. I just kept telling myself it was a mistake. Well, I called first thing this morning and sure enough....it was an error! Huge sigh of relief! Yes, I was on the phone this morning
with the insurance company as I'm driving like the Mad Hatter to my house......I had to leave school during my planning time to go home and turn the alarm off so our precious cleaning lady, Margarita, could get in without setting it off! I forgot to remind Stephen that she was coming today so of course he set it this morning without thinking. In the words of sweet Margarita....Aye. Aye. Aye. No me gusta!
God bless her!

Oh, one more thing! Stephen and I are participating in this new Bible study through our church called The Relationship Principles of Jesus. It's a 6 week study written by Tom Holladay and Rick Warren (the same pastor who wrote The Purpose Drive Life). It's kind of the same thing except it focuses on all the relationships you have in your life (mostly with your spouse though). Last night was our first session. The weird thing is that the small group we are in is with all of our friends that moved with us from our old church to our new church. It is nice to have those connections already - it definitely makes it easier to open up and participate in the Bible study. We have a book to go along with the study and we're supposed to read one chapter a night. Stephen has already predicted that we are going to be the "bad students" and not do what we're supposed to, however, I'm determined to prove him wrong. I guess it would help if I got off the computer and went and read today's chapter. Luckily for me, the chapters are REALLY short. I'm more of a writer than a big chapter book reader. For example, I want to read Twilight, but fear I will never finish. I still need to borrow the book from you Amanda! Edward is calling.......

1 comment:

Amber Hooks said...

I have three copies of Twilight in my classroom if you end up needing one. I can send it with your mom. I read it in one weekend. Couldn't put it down. Can't bear to see the movie - my students all saw the midnight premier???

Amber

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow