Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Poor neglected blog.............

Yes........I'm still here! We're finally settling back into our school routine and adjusting to Stephen being home. Wow! What a difference it is to have daddy around.......especially at the beginning of the school year. He's been able to help out with the girl's homework, dinner, Logan, making lunches, errands, etc. He has passed his first required exam towards becoming a financial advisor, but he still has two more to go. I think his next two tests will be some time in October. I know he will be glad to have them overwith.......studying all day long is starting to get old. I think he is ready to get back into the 'working world' again. However, I think he has really enjoyed his free time. I feel like he is now getting back all the lost time he never received at his other jobs.......no vacation time, super late hours, always traveling, etc. He is so much more involved now and we love it! School is going well and the girls are really liking first grade. I am soooooo glad that I put them in the same class again this year! It makes the after school homework process so much easier. It takes a good hour or more each day to sit down and do homework with both of them and having the same assignments/projects is very helpful. Today was 'Read for Life' day in our district and each classroom at our school invited parents to come and read to their child's class. Stephen and I both went and read to the girl's class and they loved it! Stephen was really nervous about it, but he did just fine! This evening Leah and Logan and I went on a nice long bike ride while Stephen and Lauren went to Luby's to get some dinner. When we got back, we put Logan in the tub for bathtime and he started putting his mouth on the bottom of the tub and making all kinds of silly noises - it was hilarious! Thankfully, he did it long enough for me to capture it on video.......enjoy!

1 comment:

Kellie Grogg said...

That video is priceless! You will have to show that to his future girlfriends!!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow