Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girls just want to have fun!

Well, the day didn't start out so well today . . . Leah had to have some blood drawn for some allergy testing and there is only one word I can think of to describe the experience - TRAUMATIC!!! She did fine until the lady tied the thing around her arm and she saw the needle. I tried to distract her the best I could, but was not very successful. My blood pressure was probably over 500 when we left there.
The day got better, however, after that. We headed over to Kingwood to visit some dear friends of ours - the Kluge family. The girls got to spend the rest of the day playing with their friends Emily and Hailey while Logan hung out with Mommy and Cathey (mommy's friend). We don't get to see them too often so it was nice to spend the day with them. Cathey and her husband Carl are the reason I met Stephen so I am forever grateful to them. Stephen and I actually were paired to walk together as a bridesmaid/groomsman in their wedding back in 1996. However, it wasn't until 3 years after that when they hooked us up on an actual date . . . and the rest is history. They returned the favor and were in our wedding in 2000. It's really neat to still be able to keep in touch with them and watch our kiddos play together.

On a side note, just wondering if any of you are fans of "The Bachelorette" on ABC? I am rooting for Jeremy Anderson - I went to high school with him in Huntsville many moons ago. He was a couple of years younger than me and a really nice guy. Go Hornets!

1 comment:

Kellie Grogg said...

Cute picture of all the girls! Tell Cathey I said hi!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow