Saturday, October 18, 2008

Stephen made it home safely on Friday after being in Georgia for a week. We survived without him, but are soooooo glad he's home. The girls were really good while he was gone which made things so much easier for me. It occurred to me today that I hadn't even discussed with the girls what they wanted to be for Halloween this year. I started searching costumes online and was looking for a Mickey Mouse costume for Logan, but had a hard time finding one. We are doing a Mickey Mouse theme for his first birthday so I thought it would be fitting for him to be Mickey for Halloween. However, the majority of Mickey costumes I found were those really furry, hot looking costumes. So I thought......well......if I can't get Mickey, we'll get the next best thing - Pooh Bear! I did find one at Costumes Express that is very cute, reasonably priced and doesn't look like it will be too stuffy for him. We shall see. I had the girls in here earlier tonight looking at costumes online - I didn't think they would ever make a decision. We probably looked at costumes for over an hour. Finally, Lauren decided she wanted to be Gabriella from High School Musical and Leah wants to be Sharpay. I told them it should be the other way around due to their hair colors, but couldn't convince them. So, looks like we're buying wigs too! That should be interesting. They sure have got some strange things that you can be for Halloween these days. We saw everything online from a lifesize whoopie cushion to an infant's Billy Ray Cyrus costume complete with brown mullet hair. What the heck is up with that????
On another note, we are heading to Huntsville tomorrow to attend a special reunion celebration at the church I grew up in. It is the 75 year reunion at University Heights Baptist Church. They are having a catered lunch and special services tomorrow to honor the occasion. I'm looking forward to seeing old friends and faces. I attended this church from birth up until we moved here in 2001. I was baptized in this church as a child, met my childhood best friends there, was part of the youth group and then later the college ministry, was married there in March 2000 and had the girls dedicated there in 2003. So, obviously it holds many special memories. We go up to visit whenever we can, and have tried to find another church like it here in the area. However, I've come to realize that there will never be another UHBC. We attended Gateway Baptist here in the area for 7 years, but it didn't even come close to being like my church home back in Huntsville. The church leadership is going through some serious issues there right now and we believe God has called us to move on and worship somewhere else. We have recently started attending Fellowship of the Woodlands.....one of our very good friends is now a worship leader there. They offer two services on Saturday night and two on Sunday morning. We have tried all 4 services several times and like different things about all of them. We have several friends from Gateway that have visited with us as well. Never thought I would like attending church on a Saturday night, but we love attending the service they offer called Emerge. Alot of people say it's too big....why would you want to go to a church that's so big? Well, I'm going to worship God and I'm not worried about how many people are there. I think there are alot of misconceptions about Fellowship and now that we've been going there for about 3 months I can say that I feel they believe in what we believe ---the Bible is truth. The girls love the children's program there which is great! They have a Bible story each week, they learn scripture and have alot of fun! They had gotten to the point where they didn't even want to go to church at Gateway - that is NOT a good sign! Gateway is currently without a Children's minister and a Youth minister so this was another reason we felt it was time to move on. And let's just say that the nursery at Fellowship is on LOCK DOWN! That has always been one of my biggest "fears". I know it may sound silly, but I have issues with leaving my babies in church nurseries - especially ones that have no security systems and any Joe Blow from the street could walk in and take your child! Logan loves his little room at church and let's just say there ain't no way anybody's getting out of there with him! I'm tellin' ya - LOCKDOWN baby!!!
Anyway, we're excited about it....even though I know it could never replace the memories and the people of UHBC......I'm excited to make new memories there if that's what God continues to call us to do. I'll post some pics after tomorrow's reunion. TTFN....

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow