Monday, November 3, 2008

Updates . . .

I don't even know where to start . . .

How about . . .

So much has happened in the last week or so. Stephen left last Friday evening to go to Colorado on business. My mom came down on Friday as well as Stephen's parents to help me with the kiddos for Halloween. We had a really good time perusing the neighborhood, but it just wasn't the same without Daddy. Logan rode along in his wagon as the girls led the way to each house. Lauren had no fear, but Leah was a bit more hesitant to go up to the door. Some people down the street had set up this really cool haunted house. We went down to check it out and I asked the girls if they wanted to go through it. Leah, of course, said no. Lauren, however wanted to try it. I went through it with her and couldn't believe how she just waltzed right through there like it was no big deal! Later that night on the phone, I heard her telling Stephen that she went through this haunted house and there were people with "bleed" all over them - it was too cute! My mom ended up spending the night and helped me do grocery shopping with the kids Saturday morning - something I never do alone unless I am absolutely desperate. She had planned to stay all day and help, but we received a call from my brother that said my great grandmother, Susie, was not doing very well and was not expected to live through the day. She was 98 years old and had been in the hospital over in Bryan/College Station for about a week. My mom left to meet up with my dad and head over there and it's a good thing because they were only there for about 25 minutes and then she died. The funeral is going to be tomorrow in Jewett so Stephen took an early flight home tonight from Colorado so that he could go with me and the kids tomorrow. I'm so glad to have him home!

I've also begun planning Logan's first birthday party which will be exactly one week after we get back from Disney. And, of course, the theme will be Mickey Mouse! I found some really cute Mickey stuff online last night and couldn't resist ordering it. I can't believe he is about to turn one - where has the time gone? He looked at me on Sunday morning as I was feeding him his cereal and said, "Uh-oh", as I dropped some on his tray. I couldn't believe it! He's also very close to walking - I'm hoping he'll be walking when we go to Disney - I would love to get a picture of him running to Mickey! Wouldn't that be priceless?

Changing gears to school . . . . last week was Red Ribbon Week (Drug-free week) and each day had a theme. Here are some of the pictures of my awesome team! They really are the best!

This is a picture of my class dressed as scarecrows on Fall Fun Day - we had a blast!

No comments:

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow