Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Logan and Koop!

Logan had a playdate with his friend Kooper on Tuesday while I was at the doctor. I was glad that his mom, Jill, offered to keep him for me - Logan doesn't get to play with boys very much so I know he loved having some boy time! He's smothered by his two "mother hen" sisters at home and surrounded by all girls when he goes to Ms. Cheryl's house during the week. So, boy time is much needed! Jill said he had a great time and didn't even seem to notice I was gone. I'm sure all the neat toys helped distract him!



The girls and I went shopping today with my mom and we had a blast! We even saw Kooper, Jill, and Kooper's grandma at the mall! MawMaw bought all three kiddos brand new Easter outfits and shoes that are matching in color.....soooooooo cute! We also found some really cute and reasonable spring outfits at The Children's Place - I love that store!!! The girls also got an early birthday present from MawMaw and Papaw today as well - roller skates! They have never even put on a pair of skates, but all their neighbor friends have some so they have really been wanting to get some. They tried on several pair and practiced rolling around in the aisle at Academy. That caught the attention of a few employees. However, what really caught their attention was when yours truly put on a pair and gave them a spin up and down the aisles - it was quite hilarious and the sales associates thought it was very amusing. I used to be a pretty good skater back in the day (considering that's pretty much all there was to do in Huntsville - hanging out at the Silver Wings Skating Rink). I could race with the best of 'em! The girls could not fathom the fact that their own mother could actually skate - imagine that! We had our first skating lesson tonight and it went pretty well considering they've never skated at all. Stephen and I were definitely nervous about it considering the fact that Leah has broken her arm twice and had surgery on it less than 2 months ago. I can't let her live in fear of trying anything new though. That's one of the hard things I've learned about being a mom - sometimes you have to give them their wings and let them fly - with caution of course! Speaking of trying new things, both girls have said they want to try out for our neighborhood swim team this year. I'm encouraging them to do it. To make the team they have to be able to swim the length of the pool in one minute. My fear is that one will make it and the other won't, but they are both pretty good swimmers so I think they both can do it. I'll have to let you know how that goes - wish them luck!

1 comment:

Mrs. Adams said...

Good Luck girls! Can't wait to see you at the meets!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow