Sunday, April 26, 2009

Astros game

Today we took the girls to their very first Astros game! They were very excited and asked LOTs of questions about everything that was going on at the game. We had great seats right along the third baseline - I don't think I've ever sat that close before. Here's a few pictures from our day at Minute Maid Park. Logan stayed with Nanny and Grandad because we knew there was no way he would sit still through 9 innings!








Friday at school the girls had their Kindergarten musical. I have some pictures and video to post from that, but I'm having some difficulty getting it to download so I'm going to try sending it from my computer at work tomorrow. They were so cute! I thought they might get shy with all the people around, but they didn't - they were all smiles!





The girls were supposed to try out for swim team and go to swim team rookie camp a couple of weeks ago, but then Lauren got pneumonia and those plans got cancelled. Long story short, we got special arrangements for the girls to try out even though the "official" try-outs were over. My AP at school even invited us over to her house so the girls could practice in her pool. My main concern was that they wouldn't be able to swim the length of the pool without stopping - especially since they haven't swam since last summer. Well, Leah wouldn't even get in the water because she said it was too cold, and Lauren tried but couldn't swim the entire distance without stopping. So, I just decided it was probably best that we not try out this year and save myself some sanity. If they made the team, they have to go to practice every day after school plus be up at 6:00 a.m. on Saturdays to attend swim meets. When you have a husband who doesn't get home until midnight or later and you're a working mom with three kiddos, that's hard to do! The girls said they would rather start gymnastics or dance again this summer and that was totally okay with me!

On a totally different note......while we were picking up Logan from Stephen's parents house this afternoon after the game, I was browsing through some old photos they had saved to their computer of the girls. I just couldn't believe how much they have changed and grown! I just had to post a few of them that just really made me smile!





1 comment:

Kellie Grogg said...

Looking at the old photos of the girls reminds me of when we lived there. Miss you guys! Hope that you are feeling better. You are too busy to get sick!

Thanksgiving Memory Slideshow.....


Dewberry Farm Slideshow


Fun on the Farm Slideshow


4th of July Slideshow